The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
Solar Leadership Forum
|Date||22-23 May, 2012|
|Location||Amara Sanctuary Resort, Sentosa Island, Singapore|
SOLAR: TAKING THE GLOBAL STAGE
The Bloomberg New Energy Finance 2012 Solar Leadership Forum, which took place in Singapore, is now closed. The solar industry is seeking lower costs and new markets for modules at today’s lower prices, and this event focused on the structure of the manufacturing industry and the vibrant South-east Asian markets.
Limited to 50 of the world’s leading industry executives, financiers, policymakers and visionary thinkers, the two-day invitation-only Forum built upon the success of our inaugural Forum in Napa, California, to tackle the issues relevant to Asia and the global solar industry.
The Forum was designed as a series of closed-door sessions facilitated by structured discussion, working groups and debate, enabling Thought Leaders to examine these fundamental issues:
- What are long-term trends for manufacturer margins in a high-volume world?
- Will successful companies be those which have integrated their operations? Will they pursue vertical integration, or virtual integration throughout the solar value chain?
- Will China’s market leaders of today be challenged by even larger market entries from semiconductor giants, or contract manufacturers, or will they be partners?
- How will Asia evolve as a demand centre for solar, as its billions of citizens consume more and more power?
- What does “cheap” solar energy mean and how are we going to deliver it?
To download the 2012 Forum results book, please click here.
For more information about the 2012 Solar Leadership Forum, please contact:
Thought Leaders included: