The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
I need more information about a product or service provided by BNEF. Whom should I contact?
Please contact your Sales Executive or Client Service representative, as listed on your Account page (http://bnef.com/Account). Alternatively, please use the contact information below:
UK: +44 20 3216 4700
EU: +44 20 3216 4704
US: +1 212 617 4050
ASOC: +81 3 3201 3112
CLIENT RELATIONS CONTACT:
UK/EU: +44 20 3216 4778
US: +1 212 617 1980
ASOC: +852 2977 4632
I would like to arrange a training session. Whom should I contact?
Please contact the Client Services representative in your region, who would be more than happy to schedule a training session for you. You can find contact details for the relevant Client Services representative by visiting: http://bnef.com/Account.
I am confused about what I can or cannot access. Which services I am currently subscribed to?
You can check the permissions of your account by visiting http://bnef.com/Account. Your Site Permissions are listed in the top right-hand box on this page. If you have any queries about your current subscription setup, please contact your Sales Executive, whose contact details are available on the left-hand side of the same page.
I am not receiving your daily alerts even though I am subscribed to them. Can you help?
The below information should help ensure you receive all email correspondence from the Bloomberg New Energy Finance server.
Microsoft Outlook Filtering
If you are having difficulty receiving emails from Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the issue might be that our emails are getting caught by your spam filter at the server level, and are being sent to your junk file. Please check your spam filter to see if this is the case.
In Microsoft Outlook:
1. Find any Newswatch / Clean Energy & Carbon Brief / Insight Alert emails we've sent to you in Outlook (if it happens to be in the Junk folder, please move it to your inbox)
2. Right click on the email's header and Select 'Add the Domain to Safe Senders List'
3. Right click on the email's header and Select 'Change Automatic Download Settings …”
4. Place tick on 'Permit downloads in e-mail messages from senders and to Recipients defined in the Safe Senders and Safe Recipients List'
5. Bar any other filtering, our emails should now come in to your Inbox directly from herein.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further issues, questions or concerns. You can contact the client relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I change the content and/or frequency of the newsletters and alerts I receive?
By default, BNEF sends newsletters and alerts for all services, regions, and sectors.
If you'd like to exclude certain alerts or customize your newsletters by sector, region or category, you can do so by editing the settings your account page: http://bnef.com/Account.
I don't seem to have access to a report I want to read. How can I get access to it?
You have access to all reports that are available via your current subscription. You can view your current subscription settings by visiting your Account page (http://bnef.com/Account).
If you wish to discuss an upgrade to your subscription, please contact your account representitive, who is also listed on the Account page (http://bnef.com/Account).
I am having trouble downloading a PDF. Can you help?
Just as we have a password security system for our site, we have a Digital Rights Management (DRM) system for all PDFs.
Occasionally, this system can cause some problems. The most common reasons for this are:
1. The username/password you have entered is incorrect. Remember that your username is typically First.Last and both the username and password are case-sensitive.
2. You can download the PDFs, but they are blank when you open them. Our DRM system requires that you open PDFs using the Adobe Reader software program. This can often cause problems in Macs and iPads. You can download Acrobat Reader for free here: http://get.adobe.com/reader. If you are still unable to access Notes, please contact your client services representitive, who is listed on your Account page (http://bnef.com/Account).
I am doing some data mining. How far back do your records go?
Our VC/PE deal database goes back as comprehensively as possible to 2001. The database includes some selected activity before this time, but this usually relates to companies that still have venture capital or private equity companies as existing investors.
Our renewable energy project database includes all major renewable energy projects from the beginning of 2004. Wherever possible, we will log projects from earlier years.
If you would like to talk to someone about our data team's methodologies, would like to request certain sets of data, or are interested in commissioning a data mining project of some kind, please outline your requirements in an email to: email@example.com.
I am interested in talking to someone about an Applied Research project or a customised event. Who should I contact?
BNEF has a dedicated team for Applied Research and event management. Please contact the below with any questions: