While the next binding global climate treaty remains a dot on the horizon, Bloomberg New Energy Finance helps clients to devise profitable trading strategies and explains what they need to know to best exploit the Global carbon market.
How we work together
- Access expertise means our analysts are available to answer questions and give their informed opinions and further detail on topics important to our clients.
- Our experts – together with our market data, news and analytical tools – give clients an unparalleled view across the sector.
- We select the news you need to read; we assemble the datasets that drive your decisions; we build the models for you to forecast your next move. You get to focus on your business.
- Our research notes, analyst reactions and market outlooks enable investors to identify and validate opportunities for growth.
OUR SECTOR SPECIALISTS HELP CLIENTS RESOLVE SPECIFIC ISSUES
Which countries are short of allowances and how are they planning to meet their targets?
What will the price of international credits be in the future?
How will the US’ engagement in the carbon market affect these prices?
Where in the world should I look for investment opportunities under the CDM?
Which technologies will give me the best return on investment?
What are the risks of investing in projects now given that we don’t know how the future rules will be defined?
What are recent developments in international climate negotiations?
What factors are moving the secondary CER market?
Market participants use our emissions and carbon price forecasts to devise lucrative trading and compliance strategies.
Project developers employ our analytical tools to value their portfolios in order to generate the most value and minimise risk, while investors use our data, analysis and industry network to source and evaluate investment opportunities and monitor their competitors.
How clients use our services
Proprietary Data and Models
- Our Global Energy and Emissions Model captures the full complexity of the carbon markets providing the most accurate price and emissions forecasts of any model. It has been specifically designed to test multiple scenarios and sensitivities, making it easy for clients to switch between different inputs to generate various comparable outputs which are essential for risk management.
- My Portfolio Manager enables clients to perform statistical estimates of CDM/JI portfolios using Monte Carlo simulations out to 2030, analyse portfolios by country, technology or credit purchaser as well as a user-defined selection of projects, and estimate the market value of the portfolio, taking into account eligibility risk.
- Clients also benefit from a single reference point for all CDM/JI project activity, providing them with critical information and country analysis to help value and manage CDM/JI investments. The online project database includes project information on: host country, technology, expected CER/ERUs, significant dates, organisations involved in the project.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW WE HELP OUR CLIENTS, GO TO SERVICES >>