The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
Renewable Energy Certificates
A growing number of countries and states are implementing renewable portfolio standards as a way to incentivise the use of renewable energy sources to reduce emissions and strengthen energy security. These policy mechanisms require utilities to procure some portion of energy they supply to their customers from renewable sources, creating a market for renewable energy certificates. The challenge is that no two renewable portfolio standards are alike – even within the same country or region – resulting in a tangled web of regulatory confusion. We help our clients to cut through this uncertainty as they build their business across this sector through our range of insight and data services.
- Access expertise means our analysts are available to answer questions and give their informed opinions and further detail on topics important to our clients.
- Our experts – together with our market data, news and analytical tools – give clients an unparalleled view across the sector.
- We select the news you need to read; we assemble the datasets that drive your decisions; we build the models for you to forecast your next move. You get to focus on your business.
- Our research notes, analyst reactions and market outlooks enable investors to identify and validate opportunities for growth.
- Our projections of demand, supply and REC prices are vital for utilities as they seek to devise profitably business strategies and conduct price negotiations. We also help them remain one step ahead of regulatory changes.
- Renewable energy project developers find key data and insights they need to most effectively model their projects and run sensitivity analyses.
- For technology and service providers, our services are an essential resource in locating market opportunities and strategic planning.
- With our analysis, policy-makers can design and implement effective policies and easily analyse the impact of incentive programmes and structures.