The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
How We Work Together
- Access expertise means our analysts are available to answer questions and give their informed opinions and further detail on topics important to our clients.
- Our experts – together with our market data, news and analytical tools – give clients an unparalleled view across the sector.
- We select the news you need to read; we assemble the datasets that drive your decisions; we build the models for you to forecast your next move. You get to focus on your business.
- Our research notes, analyst reactions and market outlooks enable investors to identify and validate opportunities for growth.
How clients use our services
- For capital providers, whether debt, equity or tax equity, Bloomberg New Energy Finance provides comprehensive analysis of risks and returns at project and company level.
- We help technology providers to understand how their technology will fit into a growing industry.
- Through our products, project developers and financiers can gauge regional product costs and revenues, as well as activities of competitors.
- Utilities and generators use our services to see how they will fill their renewable portfolio standard obligations.
- Policy-makers can gain insight into the impact of incentive programmes on the development of geothermal capacity and the companies making up the geothermal sector.
Proprietary Data and Models
- We give clients direct access to the most up-to-date information on investment activity including organisations at different stages of the value chain, projects around the world in various stages of development and asset financings together with venture capital, private equity and public market deals.
- In addition to the geothermal industry’s only robust drilling rig count, clients have access to a wealth of sector-specific data including: details on each of the commissioned geothermal power plants and their turbine units, field-specific resource characteristics, and existing and new power purchase agreements.
- Clients benefit from our proprietary models and datasets to devise winning strategies and build leadership positions in the geothermal sector. Our demand forecast model includes a country-by-country aggregation of market demand for geothermal capacity driven by policy, finance, power demand and resource potential, while our supply forecasting tool enables clients to project short- and mid-term geothermal drilling rig and turbine market size.
- Built to mimic the project development process, our Levelised Cost of Energy Model calculates the current and future underlying cost of geothermal energy, which can be used when designing an energy policy, forecasting market sizes or valuing manufacturers.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW WE HELP OUR CLIENTS, GO TO SERVICES >>