The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
How We Work Together
- Our analysts are available to answer questions and give their informed opinions and further detail on topics important to our clients.
- Our experts – together with our market data, news and analytical tools – give clients an unparalleled view across the sector.
- We select the news you need to read; we assemble the datasets that drive your decisions; we build the models for you to forecast your next move. You get to focus on your business.
- Our research notes, analyst reactions and market outlooks enable investors to identify and validate opportunities for growth.
How clients use our services
- Companies looking to enter a new market take advantage of our research evaluating typical returns for solar projects, infrastructure and regulatory hurdles, supply-side bottlenecks, political climate and financing capacities.
- With countries looking to reform their renewables policies, we say what the proposals behind the hype will mean for the solar market and our clients.
- Project developers use our analytical tools to value their portfolios in order to generate the most value and minimise risk.
- Investors use our data, analysis and industry network to source and evaluate investment opportunities and monitor their competitors.
Proprietary Data, Indexes and Models
- Our Silicon and Wafer Forward Price Index is a unique quarterly benchmark for forward contracts being signed, while our monthly Spot Price Survey of buyers, sellers and traders for silicon, mono and multicrystalline wafers and cells – essential information for anyone with an active interest in the trajectory of silicon and wafer prices. If you are a manufacturer or a procurer of any of the solar components and would like to take a part, please click here.
- The Inverter Price Index is a monthly survey which provides pricing data for central and string inverters. If you are a buyer or seller of inverters and would like to take part; or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, we give clients direct access to the most up-to-date information on organisations in various parts of the solar value chain, venture capital, private equity and public market deals, asset financing, silicon factories at various stages of development, and projects by technology, size, location and stage of development.
- Clients benefit from our proprietary models and datasets to devise winning strategies and build leadership positions in the solar sector. We have models to forecast module demand and supply in the market based on an economic understanding of returns in different segments and under different policy regimes.
- In addition, our Levelised Cost of Energy Model calculates the current and future underlying cost of solar energy, which can be used when designing an energy policy, forecasting market sizes or valuing manufacturers.
If you are a manufacturer or a procurer of any of the solar components and would like to take a part, please click here.
If you would like to understand more about how and why we tier PV module manufacturers, please click here.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW WE HELP OUR CLIENTS, GO TO SERVICES >>