The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
Although the next few years will see a sustained recovery, this growth will not be spread equally across markets and participants face growing competition and cost pressures. Bloomberg New Energy Finance supports companies as they build their business across the onshore and offshore wind energy industry through our range of insight, data and news services.
See our WIND ASSET VALUATION TOOL – BNEF has an interactive online tool which gives investors unparalleled transparency on wind asset valuations. Combining BNEF’s financial, economic and market data with 3TIER’s long term wind resource information we have created a platform which allows our clients to evaluate wind projects quickly, efficiently, and with confidence.
There are two ways to access the model: as a BNEF Wind Insight client through http://www.bnef.com/Wval or through the Bloomberg Professional service at WVAL<go>.
- Access expertise means our analysts are available to answer questions and give their informed opinions and further detail on topics important to our clients.
- Our experts – together with our market data, news and analytical tools – give clients an unparalleled view across the sector.
- We select the news you need to read; we assemble the datasets that drive your decisions; we build the models for you to forecast your next move. You get to focus on your business.
- Our research notes, analyst reactions and market outlooks enable investors to identify and validate opportunities for growth.
- New-market entrants take advantage of our research evaluating typical returns for wind projects, infrastructure and regulatory hurdles, supply-side bottlenecks, political climate and financing capacities.
- With countries looking to reform their renewables policies, we say what the proposals behind the hype will mean for the wind market and our clients.
- Project developers, utilities and generators use our data and analytical tools to value their portfolios and minimise risk. We also enable them to stay one step ahead of regulatory changes through our policy research.
- For technology providers, our services are an essential resource in planning capacity additions and making pricing decisions.
- Investors use our data, analysis and industry network to source and evaluate investment opportunities and monitor their competitors.
- Our Wind Turbine Price Index is the industry’s first source of data on delivery prices for 24 months into the future, essential for anyone with an active interest in the trajectory of wind turbine prices.
- We give clients access to the most up-to-date information on investment activity across the wind industry, with data on wind turbine, tower and gearbox plants, different turbine models from major and minor manufacturers, linked to the projects they power, and individual turbine contracts completed over the last five years.
- Clients benefit from our proprietary models to devise winning strategies and build leadership positions in the wind sector. We have models that forecast demand and supply in the market and for specific parts of the supply chain.
- In addition, our Levelised Cost of Energy Model calculates the current and future underlying cost of wind energy, which can be used when designing an energy policy, forecasting market sizes or valuing wind turbine manufacturers.