The Bloomberg New Energy Finance news, information, and analysis services (the "Services") are owned and distributed locally by Bloomberg Finance L.P. ("BFLP") and its subsidiaries in all jurisdictions other than Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan and Korea (the "BLP Countries"). BFLP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P. ("BLP"). BLP provides BFLP with all global marketing and operational support and service for the Services and distributes the Services either directly or through a non-BFLP subsidiary in the BLP Countries.
Bespoke research available on demand
We undertake select consulting, custom research and data-mining work for our clients. Our team is available to run specific modelling scenarios or to research particular topics that are not covered by our regular analysis and that require dedicated research time. We also undertake a number of multi-client studies each year on topics which are of interest to multiple clients but which don’t fit neatly into any of our subscription services.
Data mining & research support
Our Bloomberg New Energy Finance Industry Intelligence database is the world’s most comprehensive database on clean energy and the carbon markets, covering all sectors, asset classes and geographies. Premium Industry Intelligence subscribers can download data into Excel, but sometimes it’s more efficient to hire us to create spreadsheets, charts or Powerpoint slides.
Investment and project data can be mined by date, sector, country or region, deal size and deal participants. We can also supplement our proprietary Industry Intelligence datasets with additional research into markets, policies, companies and investors. Output can be provided in spreadsheet form, or Powerpoint charts can be created, ready for you to use.
- Global Trends in Sustainable Energy Investment report, produced annually for the UN
- Green Investing report, written annually on behalf of the World Economic Forum
- Global Clean Power: A $2.3 Trillion Opportunity, 2010, and Who’s Winning the Clean Energy Race?, 2009 for the Pew Environment Group.
- Consortium on Digital Energy (CoDE): bringing together leading participants in the future smart grid ecosystem to map out the likely evolution of the value chain, identify and quantify business opportunities.
- International Clean Technology Returns Analysis: leading European and US venture capital and private equity investors across a broad range of clean technology categories provide confidential data on their portfolio investments. We calculate aggregate returns by sector, geography and vintage.
- Carbon Capture & Storage Economics: we assembled a consortium of leading players to develop a comprehensive database of projects, technologies and consortia active in carbon capture and storage, culminating in uniquely powerful understanding of the CCS supply cost curve.