Innovative companies from around the world recognized as game-changers in the field of clean energy technology and business transformationNew York, 4 April 2015 – Bloomberg New Energy Finance today announced its selection of the 2016 New Energy Pioneers – game-changing innovators that are revolutionizing the energy sector. The diverse group (listed in full below) represents a broad range of industries including advanced transportation, bioenergy, energy storage, solar, wind and energy smart technologies.The 10 winners will be recognized on stage later today at the ninth annual Bloomberg New Energy Finance Summit, in New York City. By recognizing game-changing innovators, BNEF hopes to illustrate and accelerate the profound transition that is underway in today’s energy system, towards new business models, technologies, market structures and commercial opportunities.An independent panel of industry experts, assisted by our analysts and technology experts selected the 10 winners from a large number of applicants from around the world. Each candidate was assessed against three criteria: potential scale, innovation and momentum. Each New Energy Pioneer has demonstrated a combination of innovative technologies and business models, substantive progress in its activities, and the potential for global scale.Michael Wilshire, selection committee chair and head of analysis and transformation at Bloomberg New Energy Finance, said: “This year, we were impressed by the very strong set of candidates we received for the New Energy Pioneers program, and the range of activities that they cover – including solar, wind, storage, transport, bioenergy, energy smart technologies and machine learning.”We were delighted to see the breadth of innovation that is happening in the industry and struck by the impact that those organizations could have on the energy system of the future. We are as always very grateful to our group of external judges on the selection committee who had the challenging task of narrowing the field of entries to a final set of 10 winners.”The 2016 New Energy Pioneers are:
- 24M (USA) addresses the world’s need for affordable energy storage with a new, more cost-effective approach – semi-solid lithium-ion technology.
- AutoGrid Systems (USA) is a leading provider of intelligent and scalable software-as-a-service solutions that optimize supply and demand flexibility across a diverse portfolio of distributed energy resources.
- Emergya Wind Technologies (The Netherlands) is revolutionising wind energy by providing localised, distributed energy, at below grid power pricing, to a wide variety of customer segments.
- FirstFuel (USA) offers advanced data analytics and insights that help improve and optimize energy consumption in buildings.
- Mobisol (Germany), since 2012, has equipped more than 40,000 rural homes and businesses with solar home systems in Tanzania and Rwanda – making it one of Africa’s largest and fastest growing providers of off-grid solar systems to homes and businesses.
- Newlight Technologies (USA) uses carbon capture technology to convert greenhouse gas emissions into AirCarbon, a high-performance material that replaces a wide range of oil-based plastics by out-competing on price and performance.
- Sentient Science (USA) predicts failures in wind components before they happen, using materials science and high performance computing to determine the earliest point in time when cracks initiate and grow within rotating metal components.
- SolarKiosk (Germany) offers modular off-grid solar powered business centers, enabling last-mile distribution of products and services to untapped markets in remote rural areas worldwide.
- Verdezyne (USA) is a bio-based chemicals company, with a synthetic biology platform that produces a variety of chemicals from renewable, non-food sources.
- Vigilent (USA) is pioneering the use of internet-of-things, machine learning, and predictive analytics to deliver dynamic cooling management in mission critical environments such as data centres.
The New Energy Pioneers program partner is Cycle Capital Management.For more information on the New Energy Pioneers program, visit: http://www.newenergypioneers.com/For more information on the Bloomberg New Energy Finance Summit, visit: http://about.bnef.com/summit/ CONTACT:Eve OttlakanBloomberg New Energy Finance+44 203 525 firstname.lastname@example.org ABOUT BLOOMBERG NEW ENERGY FINANCEBloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) provides unique analysis, tools and data for decision makers driving change in the energy system. With unrivalled depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.New Energy Finance Limited was acquired by Bloomberg L.P. in December 2009, and its services and products are now owned and distributed by Bloomberg Finance L.P., except that Bloomberg L.P. and its subsidiaries (BLP) distribute these products in Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan, and Korea. For more information on Bloomberg New Energy Finance: http://about.bnef.com, or contact us at email@example.com for more information on our services. ABOUT BLOOMBERGBloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally. For more information, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/company/ or request a demo.