Table of Contents
Last Updated: January 25, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
The Bloomberg Group, or where relevant a designated service provider, collects personal information directly from you through the Sites, such as during registration, from activity on the Sites, when you request certain services or products or submit information to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, complete a survey or poll. Personal information is also obtained from others authorized to provide the information and from other parties with whom we work, such as service providers.
The personal information collected may include:
- Identifiers such as name, phone number, email address, postal address, billing information password, or other unique personal identifiers
- Signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, or other similar identifiers
- Professional, industry, employment-related, or education information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to browsing history, search history, preferences, and information regarding a user’s interaction with the Sites
- Geolocation on a mobile device
- Audio, electronic or visual information
How We Use Your Personal Information
- to provide and facilitate our products and services
- to operate the services, products and systems properly
- to communicate with you
- to help the Bloomberg Group improve, upgrade, or enhance our products and services and develop new products and services
- to provide support for our products and services
- to maintain the quality and safety of our products and services, and for internal quality control purposes, including debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- to provide you with offers and promotions about services and products of the Bloomberg Group or of other parties that may be of interest or relevant to you
- to send you push notifications from our mobile application
- to enhance your experience with the Sites, including to save your preferences and login information and provide relevant content
- to analyze website usage and analyze use of the Sites
- to review and detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of the Bloomberg Group or others and to monitor compliance with and enforce any agreement with the Bloomberg Group, and enforce any restrictions or limitations on the use of the services or products on the Sites
You may instruct the Bloomberg Group at any time not to use your personal information collected through the Sites to provide you with offers or promotions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also update your settings for receiving offers and promotions by clicking here. Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law. Please note that if you exercise choice in this manner, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information from you.
Some laws require the Bloomberg Group to describe the lawful reason for processing your personal information. Depending on the circumstances and the jurisdiction you are in, the Bloomberg Group processes your personal information for one or more of the following lawful reasons: (i) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract; (ii) processing is necessary so that the Bloomberg Group can comply with its legal obligations, and/or exercise its legal rights; and/or (iii) processing is necessary for the Bloomberg Group’s carefully considered purposes (“legitimate interest”). In certain circumstances, such as where required by law, the Bloomberg Group will only process your personal information with your consent.
A cookie is small text file placed on your computer. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The help function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, note that most parts of the Sites will not function properly if you disable cookies.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
- to our affiliates (including affiliated websites and other products under common ownership or control)
- our designated service providers that provide services to us, for example to provide the in-app email functionality
- to the party who authorized your use of the Sites, such as your employer
- other users of the Sites as part of the services available on the Sites, for example when using the in-app email or chat feature
- with you agreement, to a sponsor or other third party (“Third-Party Providers”) that provides you with offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You may instruct the Bloomberg Group at any time not to share your personal information with such Third-Party Providers by contacting email@example.com. Please note that: (i) this process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law; and (ii) even after such process is completed, your personal information may continue to be shared with our affiliates (including affiliated websites and other products under common ownership and control) and designated service providers. The collection, further use and/or disclosure of your information by Third Party Providers is not the responsibility of the Bloomberg Group. Rather, such use and/or disclosure is governed by the Third- Party Providers’ privacy policies.
- unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, subject to Bloomberg’s Law Enforcement Data Request Statement; (b) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of the Bloomberg Group or others; (c) monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on the Sites; (d) provide our services or products (including allowing a purchaser of the Bloomberg Group to continue to serve you); (e) perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; and (f) operate the systems that provide the services and products of the Bloomberg Group properly.
The Bloomberg Group may also disclose to other third parties, including other users of the Sites, information about your use of the Sites and the services provided on the Sites, but only in an aggregated and unattributed manner.
Accuracy, Security and Retention of Your of Personal Information
Certain databases available to registered users of the Sites may contain personal information received from third-party data suppliers. This personal information is contained in public records, publicly available information, and non-public information (collectively, “public records information”). Your use of this information is restricted to specific, legitimate purposes, and such information may not be used to violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
Rights with respect to Your Personal Information
Depending on the jurisdiction, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- to access and request certain information about the processing of your personal information
- To obtain a portable copy of your personal information
- To correct personal information
- To delete personal information
- To restrict processing certain personal information
- To object to the processing of personal information
- To withdraw consent, where this was the lawful reason for processing
- To lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority
Please bear in mind that if you exercise such rights this may affect our ability to provide our products and services. To exercise a right related to your personal information, please contact us by clicking here or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the Bloomberg Group will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable laws.
If you wish to access, correct, delete, or restrict use of your personal information contained in public records information, you will need to contact the third-party supplier of the information directly. If you have any questions regarding public records information on the Sites, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you choose to exercise these rights, we may ask that you provide sufficient information, including the products and services you have used in the past, your state and country of residence, and contact information, in order for us to verify your identity and process your request. Depending on the types of requests, we may ask for additional information.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf related to your personal information. If you choose to use an authorized agent, you should supply your agent with written permission to act on your behalf in relation to your request, and your agent must provide us with proof of such authorization before we process your request.
Transfer of Personal Information to Other Countries
The Bloomberg Group may provide links to third-party web sites. Since we do not control third-party sites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those web sites before providing any of your information on such sites.
If you are a California resident, the information below applies to you and supplements the information provided above.
Certain information collected on this Site, including your log-in and password, may constitute “sensitive personal information” as that term is defined by the California privacy law. However, the Bloomberg Group only uses such information to provide our services and products or as otherwise permitted under California privacy law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Bloomberg Group to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the Subject line of your email.
Attn: Legal Department
731 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022